Like Privacy!! Don’t want your data exposed to your buddies.. Then you came to right place.. There is a way to Hide Local Drives in your computer.
- Open Run and type Regedit and hit enter
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>>Software>>Microsoft>>Windows>>Current Version>>Policies>> Explorer
- Add a New DWORD item and name it NoDrives
- Give it a value of 3FFFFFF to Hide All Drivers
- Restart your computer to take effect
What you have just did is you have hide your drivers, but not deleted them..
so you can still access your drivers.. Just open Run and type the drive you want to open (Ex. To open C-Drive type C:// and press).
To disable this option just delete the DWORD item you have given in registry.
If you want to Hide individual drivers you have to give different DWORD value (Ex. To hide ‘C’ you would enter ‘4’ instead of ‘3FFFFFF’). For other drivers values are given below…
A = 1
B = 2
C = 4
D = 8
E = 16
F = 32
G = 64
H = 128
I = 256